Information We May Collect
We collect three main types of information related to you or your use of our products and services: (1) information from or about you or your devices; and (2) information from or about your Airboard or other DA Aircraft. Depending on the DA products and services you request, own, or use, not all of these types of information may be applicable to you.
From or about you or your devices
We may collect information from or about you (such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail, payment information, driver’s license or other government identification information) or your devices in a variety of ways, including:
- Through our Digital Services: We may collect information from or about you through our websites, software applications, social media pages, e-mail messages, or other digital services (the “Digital Services”), e.g., when you sign up for a newsletter, make a purchase, or register your product with us.
- Through credit applications and other forms: We may collect additional information from you or others on your behalf on our credit application and other forms to support our product lease or other financing offerings, such as date of birth, Social Security number, bank routing information, and credit related information. We also receive information about you from consumer reporting agencies such as credit history and capacity.
- From other sources: We also may receive information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners and social media platforms.
- DA Account: Customers who purchase certain DA products may receive a DA Account, which is hosted on our website. We may collect and process the following types of data for your DA Account that you elect to provide to us: your customer registration information; the status of your order; warranty and other documentation for your DA products; and general information about your DA products (including, for example, product serial number or service plan information, insurance forms, financing agreements, and similar information. You will be able to access your DA Account to update the information from or about you in that account at any time.
- Offline: We may collect information from or about you offline, such as when you visit a DA store or repair facility, attend one of our events, sign up for a test flight, place an order over the phone, or contact our customer service or sales department.
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Digital Services (such as the DA App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Digital Services function properly.
*However, if you do not accept these cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Digital Services. For example, we may not *be able to recognize your computer, and you may need to log in every time you visit the applicable Digital Services.
- Pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Digital Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Digital Services (including e-mail recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Digital Services and response rates.
From or about your Airboard or other DA Aircraft.
We may collect a variety of information from or about your Airboard or other DA Aircraft, including:
- Telematics log data: To improve our Airboards and other DA Aircraft and services for you, we may collect certain telematics data regarding the performance, usage, operation, and condition of your Airboard or other DA Aircraft, including: speed information; fuel use management information; electrical system functions; software version information; safety-related data and camera images; and other data to assist in identifying issues and analyzing the performance of the Airboard or other DA Aircraft. We may collect such information either in person (such as during a service appointment) or via remote access.
- Remote analysis data: We may be able to dynamically connect to your Airboard or other DA Aircraft to diagnose and resolve issues with it.
- Service history: In order to facilitate the servicing of your Airboard or other DA Aircraft, we may collect and process data about the service history of each Airboard or other DA Aircraft, such as the customer’s name, Airboard or other DA Aircraft identification number, repair history, any outstanding recalls, any bills due, any customer complaints, and any other information related to its service history.
*If you no longer wish us to collect telematics log data or any other data from your Airboard or other DA Aircraft, please contact us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section below. Please note that if you opt out from the collection of telematics log data or any other data from your Airboard or other DA Aircraft (with the exception of the Data Sharing setting detailed above), we will not be able to notify you of issues applicable to your Airboard or other DA Aircraft in real time. This may result in your Airboard or other DA Aircraft suffering from reduced functionality, serious damage, or inoperability, and it may also disable many features of your Airboard or other DA Aircraft.
How We May Use Information We Collect
We may use information we collect to communicate with you, to provide and improve our products and services, and for the purposes listed below:
To communicate with you
We may use information we collect to communicate with you, including:
▪ To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters or product information, information alerts, information about events, or brochures.
▪ To advise you of important safety-related information about your Airboard or other DA Aircraft or to notify first responders in the event of an accident involving your Airboard or other DA Aircraft.
▪ To send administrative information to you, such as information regarding our products and services, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
▪ To present products and offers tailored to you and to enhance our lists with information from other sources.
▪ To allow you to participate in contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities.
▪ To facilitate social sharing and communications functionality.
Your communication choices:
▪ Receiving electronic communications from us or our affiliates: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related e-mails from us or our affiliates, you may opt out of receiving them by following the opt-out instructions in any marketing e-mail received from us or by contacting us at the address below. Please note that we may still send you important administrative and safety messages even if you opt out of receiving marketing e-mails.
▪ Receiving marketing-related calls from us: If you receive a marketing-related call from us and do not want to receive similar calls in the future, simply ask to be placed on our “do not call” list. Please note that we may still call you regarding administrative, safety, or product service issues even if you opt out of receiving marketing calls.
To provide and improve our products and services
We may use information we collect to provide and improve our products and services, including:
▪ To complete and fulfill your purchase, e.g., to process your payments, fulfill your requests for product financing, have your order delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase, and provide you with related customer service.
▪ To provide service to your DA product, such as to contact you with service recommendations and to deliver over-the-air updates to your product.
▪ To monitor your DA product’s performance and provide services related to your product.
▪ To develop and promote new products and services, and to improve or modify our existing products and services.
▪ To analyze and improve the safety of our products and services. ▪ To deliver any other services you have requested.
For other purposes
We also may use information we collect for other purposes, including:
▪ For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding our business activities.
▪ Except as described above and below, DA may use or share information that does not personally identify you for any purpose, such as for operational or research purposes, for industry analysis, to improve or modify our products and services, to better tailor our products and services to your needs, and where legally required.
How We May Share Information We Collect
We may share information we collect with our service providers and business partners, with other third parties you authorize, with other third parties when required by law, and in other circumstances. Examples of how we share information with these parties and under these circumstances are provided below.
With our service providers and business partners
We may share information with our service providers and business partners when necessary to perform services on our or on your behalf, such as in the following circumstances:
▪ With our third party service providers and channel partners to provide services such as data analysis and storage, payment processing and order fulfillment, customer service, product design, product diagnostics, maintenance or related services, e-mail delivery, credit card processing, auditing, marketing, and other similar services.
▪ With other third-party business partners to the extent that they are involved in the purchase, lease, or service of your DA products. We share limited information from or about you or your DA products to allow you to take advantage of those services if you elect to utilize them, with such partners as finance, leasing, registration, title companies, permitting authorities and insurance companies.
With other third parties you authorize
We may share information with other third parties you authorize, such as in the following circumstances:
▪ With third party service centers or providers, if any of the same exist, if you choose to utilize them. Note that some information about you is stored on certain DA products and may be accessible directly to the third-party service centers or providers that you choose to utilize to diagnose or service your DA product.
▪ With third-party sponsors of contests and similar promotions, if you elect to participate.
With other third parties when required by law
DA may transfer and disclose information, including information that may or may not personally identify you, to third parties to comply with a legal obligation (including, but not limited to, subpoenas); when we believe in good faith that the law requires it; in response to a lawful request by governmental authorities conducting an investigation, including to comply with law enforcement requirements; to verify or enforce our policies and procedures; to respond to an emergency; to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable; or to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of our products and services, DA, third parties, visitors, or the public, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
In other circumstances
We may share information in other circumstances, such as with a third party in connection with any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We do not share information that personally identifies you with unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes unless you opt into that sharing.
If you wish to opt out of any processing of information for which you have provided your prior explicit opt-in consent, you may do so by contacting us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section below. Cross Border Transfers
Individuals Located in the EEA
If you are a visitor from the European Territories, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. "European Territories" means the European Economic Area and Switzerland. For the purpose of this Privacy Notice, the term "European Territories" shall continue to include the United Kingdom, even after the United Kingdom leaves the European Economic Area following Brexit.
However, we will normally collect personal data from you where the processing is in our legitimate business interests to, for example, administer our platforms and services and fulfil our contractual obligations as a service provider.
In some cases, we may collect, and process personal data based on consent. To the extent our Advertisers and Advertising Partners need to collect and share, or allow us to facilitate collection and sharing of personal data to enable our services, it is the responsibility of these parties to provide necessary privacy notices and obtain required consent(s).
If you have questions or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, including if you would like to better understand how our legitimate interests to process your data are balanced against your data protection rights and freedoms, then please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contact us” section below.
Rights and Choices
As detailed in the sections above, we give you many choices regarding our collection, use, and sharing of information from or about you or your use of our products or services. These include:
▪ Configuring your browser to decline or accept cookies.
▪ Opting out of analytics tools.
▪ Opting out of certain electronic communications or promotional calls.
▪ Disabling the collection of telematics log data from your Airboard or other DA Aircraft.
▪ Opting out of other types of data processing for which you have provided your prior explicit opt-in consent.
This section further explains the rights and choices that may apply depending on your jurisdiction.
In certain jurisdictions you may have the rights to request access to and receive information about certain information we maintain about you; update and correct inaccuracies in that information; have the information restricted or deleted; object or withdraw your consent to certain uses of information; and lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority. You may also have the right to data portability about the data you provided to us. These rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law.
You have several methods to exercise your rights, including:
▪ You can access your DA Account, to the extent one exists, to update the information from or about you in that account at any time.
▪ If you would like to exercise your rights in relation to information from or about you, you may contact us at the address below.
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have the information that you have provided to us suppressed from our database, or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of the information that you have provided to us. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the information associated with the e-mail address that you use to send us your request, or we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping or legal compliance purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion).
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “How to Contact Us” section below.
If you sell or transfer your DA product to another person, please notify us so that we can determine whether additional steps are required to help safeguard information from or about you from disclosure to the purchaser or transferee of the DA product.
Third Part Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers' respective websites. What Are Cookies?
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Website Name does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.